Sep 20, 2009

Good Nutrition for Better Sleep

Better Sleep With Nutrition  

Several posts ago I did an article on my nutritional state.  I am doing this for several reasons.

First of all, I want to get healthier.  While I had a fantastic educational experience in nutrition 18 years ago in chiropractic college, my implementation of my nutritional education has been absent from my San Diego chiropractic office.  I take some responsibility for this as my focus has been on helping patients with specific complaints of neck pain, low back pain, headaches and the like.

Secondly, before I implement anything into my patients’ care I like to be on board with it so I can have first hand experience with its benefits.  Nutrition is no different.  I have been hit and miss with my diet and supplements for years – it is time for a change.

To recap my first post on this topic, I had a hair mineral analysis performed approximately on e month ago.  The results revealed deficiencies in many nutrient minerals.  Some of the minerals that I was deficient in have the ability to cause anxiety and may affect my ability to sleep soundly.  Both anxiety and insomnia are conditions that I have struggled with for years.

The lab that I used for my hair analysis not only provided a report regarding my deficiencies, but they also gave me a supplement recommendation list that I could use to restore proper mineral balance in my system.

As of the date of this post, I have been taking my supplements as advised by the lab for about ten days.  At this point I feel a bit more clear headed and I have slept soundly for over 7 hours per night over the last three nights.  I know that three nights good sleep is not a fix, but it is unusual.  In a typical month I usually only get two or three good nights sleep.

Three good nights sleep in a row is a record for me and enough evidence to justify continuing with my nutritional supplements.

I will post again on this topic in a few weeks to let you all know how I am progressing.

Call Steve Jones at his San Diego Chiropractic Clinic

(619) 280 0554

www.jonespainrelief.com

Visit our Stop RSI Economical Mouse Platform, website to learn more about or Buy Ergo Nav

Visit my San Diego Chiropractic Website to make an appointment

Read More Articles on Chiropractic, Nutrition, Preventative Health, Back pain, Neck Pain and more