Sep 23, 2009

Chiropractic Care and Nutrition Update

Chiropractic Care and Nutrition

Are you ready to feel better? 

Back in the early part of April, I posted a blog article regarding chiropractic care and nutrition, specifically, my own nutrition.  Being the owner of my San Diego Chiropractic office, I spend most of my days treating patients with neck pain and back pain.  While neck pain and back pain are very important to resolve, there are other health concerns that must be addressed if we expect to be truly healthy.

Several months ago, I had a hair mineral analysis performed on myself.  The results of that test were surprising to me.  Aside from my calcium and magnesium levels, every other nutrient mineral was deficient. 

Even iron!

As I had indicated in prior posts on this topic, one of my primary health concerns over the last 10 years has been lack of restful sleep or insomnia.

As I read up on the minerals that I was deficient in, insomnia was a side effect in two of them in instances of deficiency. 

That bit of knowledge was not enough to quiet the skeptic in me.  After all, the company that does the hair mineral analysis also makes the vitamins and minerals that they recommended to me.  In addition, I also indicated on my paperwork that insomnia is one of my health concerns.

In order to test these results, I bought mineral supplements from a local source and began taking them as directed on the containers.  It took about 11 days before I could say for sure that the quality of my sleep had improved.  Within a few more days the improvement was dramatic.  Prior to taking these mineral supplements, a good nights sleep was limited to two or three nights per month. 

As I write this blog post, I have slept well, over 7 hours per night, for the past month or so.  Despite all this quality sleep, I still feel like I am playing catch-up with my rest.  I suppose that is the result of 10 years of poor sleep.

I will do future posts on this topic.  In the mean time, remember that you are what you eat!  Poor dietary habits definitely create a need for dietary supplements.  Maintaining your health is work but it is worthwhile.


Call Steve Jones at his San Diego Chiropractic Clinic

(619) 280 0554

www.jonespainrelief.com

Visit our Stop RSI Economical Mouse Platform, website to learn more about or Buy Ergo Nav

Visit my San Diego Chiropractor Website to make an appointment

Read More Articles on Chiropractic, Nutrition, Preventative Health, Back pain, Neck Pain and more